So he gets paid hush money like a mafioso. Oh, my bad, he IS athug and racist. ‘Put simply, Sharpton specializes in shakedowns,’ You can take your racist organizer out of Harlem but you can’t take Harlem out of this racist hate baiter! Thanks Sony hackers! ~ JP
Want to influence a casino bid? Polish your corporate image? Not be labeled a racist?
Then you need to pay Al Sharpton.
Bernie Kerik recently leveled Al Sharpton during a Newsmax interview where he explained just how big an extortion artist Al Sharpton truly is.
Sharpton announced on December 18 the creation of a working group that will look into what he called a racial bias in Hollywood.
For more than a decade, corporations have shelled out thousands of dollars in donations and consulting fees to Sharpton’s National Action Network. What they get in return is the reverend’s supposed sway in the black community or, more often, his silence.
Sony Pictures co-chair Amy Pascal met with the activist preacher after leaked emails showed her making racially charged comments about President Obama. Pascal was under siege after a suspected North Korean cyberattack pressured the studio to cancel its release of “The Interview,” which depicts the assassination of dictator Kim Jong-un.
Pascal and her team were said to be “shaking in their boots” and “afraid of the Rev,” The Post reported.
No payments to NAN have been announced, but Sharpton and Pascal agreed to form a “working group” to focus on racial bias in Hollywood.
Full NY Post piece
From the Daily Mail:
‘Once Sharpton’s on board, he plays the race card all the way through. He just keeps asking for more and more money.’
Al Sharpton has enriched himself and NAN for years by threatening companies with bad publicity if they didn’t come to terms with him,’ said Ken Boehm, chairman of the National Legal & Policy Center, a watchdog group in Virginia that has produced a book on the Harlem minister.
* Reverend Al Sharpton’s National Action Network (NAN) has apparently been receiving thousands of dollars in donations from corporations. During his 60th birthday party in October, Sharpton raised a staggering $1million for NAN, with donations from unions and an array of corporations, including AT&T and McDonald’s.
He has previously received money from the lakes of Macy’s, General Motors and Pfizer.
* In return, they have received preacher’s ‘influence in black community’
* More often than not, this has involved Sharpton’s silence, it is claimed
* Sony Pictures co-chair Amy Pascal met with activist following Sony hack
* Leaked emails showed her apparently mocking Obama in ‘racist emails’
* She and colleagues said to be ‘shaking in their boots’ and ‘afraid of Rev’
* NAN has received donations from Macy’s, AT&T and Honda in the past