I had to reedit this post because Kirsten has written a blistering Op-Ed today on Fox news…
I will give you excerpts because this piece gets an A+ and I want you to read it in its entirety! At the end of this I want you to tell me what happened to Kirsten? Body snatchers? Something got her fired up and here it is:
“Disgusting and reprehensible.” said Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. “Truly abhorrent,” an outraged White House official told an international conference. Were they talking about the murder of four Americans in Libya? Or perhaps the hoisting of an Islamist flag over the U.S. Embassy in Cairo?
No. For that they stuck to diplomatic speak. For the president, the harshest language was: “I strongly condemn the outrageous attack.” For Clinton it was that the US is heartbroken and she condemned “this senseless act of violence.” But “disgusting and reprehensible” and “truly abhorrent ” were reserved for an amateurish and silly film by someone nobody has ever heard of.
* The US government should not act as a validator or enabler of this upside down worldview, which is exactly what the Obama administration has done repeatedly as they have responded to these abhorrent attacks against the United States.
I have defended the Obama administration against the complaints from the right that they have run an “apology tour” in the Middle East because I believe the US should admit when we make mistakes, such as the accidental burning of Korans. But what we shouldn’t do is affirm the wrongheaded view that people should be protected from the free speech of others.
Ok, this is where Kirsten begins to see the light:
* Worse, our leaders shouldn’t let our enemies know that when they kill our people and attack our embassies that the US Government will act like a battered wife making excuses for her psychotic husband. Wake up: we weren’t attacked because of a movie made by an American. We were attacked because there are crazy religious fanatics who hate the United States. We didn’t ask for it.
* Obama has no legal recourse but our president seems to be acquiescing to Morsi’s request by trying to silence the movie-maker through verbal intimidation
Then she begins her references that show she has had an Epiphany. Pay attention to her terminology:
* ‘Team Obama’’s unseemly groveling to violent extremists has been cloaked in a newfound concern on the left for respecting religious sensibilities.
* Apparently our foreign policy is now being run by Dr. Phil. Someone needs to explain to the White House that our Constitution protects freedom of religion from government interference, not the protection from people who say mean, critical or offensive things about one’s religion.
* Remember Amanda Marcotte, one of the ‘left’s’ top bloggers and a columnist for the left-wing Guardian who chose last Easter — the holiest day of the Christian calendar — to chime “Happy Jeebus Day”? She once asked: “What if Mary had taken Plan B after the Lord filled her with his hot, white, sticky Holy Spirit? [Answer]: You’d have to justify your misogyny with another ancient mythology.”
The Ahhh moment:
* Then there was the tweet last year by Bill Maher about Tim Tebow during a particularly bad game: “Wow, Jesus just f—– #TimTebow bad! And on Xmas Eve! Somewhere in hell Satan is Tebowing, saying to Hitler “Hey, Buffalo’s killing them.” This was so offensive that President Obama’s PAC still managed to take a million dollars from this man to help finance his reelection.
If Christians had burned down Maher’s house in response, would the administration put out a statement condemning the violence but pointing out that he should have respected the religious beliefs of others?
Of course not. Nor would anyone want that.
But that is what the administration keeps doing with their responses to the attacks in the Middle East. The condemnations are paired in with claims about respecting religious beliefs, which is implicit sympathy for the claims of some of the attackers and rioters.
It’s time for the Obama administration to stop blaming the victim. By Kirsten Powers President Obama, stop blaming the victim for Mideast violence
~ Being that we trust no one from the left, what do we make of Kirsten the last two days? She is now an enigma and we can only pray she see’s the light & leaves the dark side to join us! ~ JP
Whoa!. Kirstin Powers blasted this week’s media jihad against Mitt Romney today on America Live with Megyn Kelly. Powers also slammed the Obama Administration for their weak response to the Mideast disaster and murder of our ambassador in Libya. This Democrat actually sounded like a Republican and made sense.