It’s been awhile since we have seen his tirades, that became legendary. Maybe he was in treatment and stopped. He does not do well in July or August. Whichever here is a bit of Pete History:
and here we are again in August 2012:
In the latest episode raising questions about the erratic behavior of California’s longest standing Congressman, a former California State Assembly Majority leader said Tuesday that East Bay Democratic Rep. Pete Stark erupted in an angry tirade — questioning his sanity, threatening his livelihood and even vowing to call social workers to check on his kids — after he informed Stark he would endorse his opponent in the November general election.
But the conversation quickly got ugly, as the Congressman launched into a bitter and angry diatribe. “(Stark) called me a turncoat and said, “Are you sick?” Torrico recalled. “He was yelling and yelling….he kept going and going. He asked me if I was mentally well.”
WHY is he still serving as a Critter?! For California’s 13th congressional district, serving since 1973. The only surprise is he has not gotten a weapon and gone postal. For goodness sake he is past retirement age, institutionalize him.
Now to the skinny of Pete Stark’s long alliance in socialism:
Dec 12, 2007…
On Capital Hill, the House voted, yesterday, 372 to 9, to recognized the ‘importance of the Christmas tradition’ and to condemn bigotry against Christians. Those who voted AGAINST, Stark was one…
* Hon. Pete Stark IS a member of American Socialist Voter – Dem Soc of America
See page 7:
Honorable and dignified:
A senior citizen told Pete “don’t pee on my leg and then tell me it’s raining”, Pete’s reply: “I wouldn’t dignify you by peeing on your leg – I wouldn’t waste the urine”. Not exactly Congressional level behavior in my opinion…
* He opposed an ACORN investigation
* March 20, 2009 Judicial Watch Gets Illegal Tax Break:
A ranking member of the U.S. House of Representative’s tax-writing committee claims a Maryland home—located thousands of miles from the California district he represents—as his principal residence to get an illegal tax break.
Democrat Pete Stark, who has represented northern California in the House since 1973, lies about here he lives to qualify for an annual $3,853 tax break on a home he and his wife own in Harwood Maryland.
* Made the NumbersUSA list of 50 WORST DESERTERS of JOBLESS AMERICANS
Watch Congressman Pete Stark blow up when Jan Helfeld asks him why Stark believes, “the more we owe, the wealthier we are.” Threatens to throw Jan ‘out the window’. Now what Republican could get away with that?!
* JULY 2010: Reps. Jan Schakowsky (D-IL), Lynn Woolsey (D-CA), and Pete Stark (D-CA) announced introduction of H.R. 5808, the Public Option Act . In great company hey?
* April 2010: Stark & his socialist colleagues Call for More Money for Dismantling Nuclear Weapons
* January 2010 HERE ARE THE ANTI-SEMITES:: Now surprise he and 54 other rabid liberals chose Hamas over Israel
* March 6, 2010 even the NYT said Is Often His Own Worst Enemy
* To solidify his dementia or whatever, stating Solyndra Makes Cars, Doesn’t Know He Represents Part of Silicon Valley.
* Approval seal from DSA on his being a co-sponsor with the likes of:
Emanuel Cleaver, John Conyers, Danny K. Davis, Bob Filner, Raul M. Grijalva, ichael M. Honda, Marcy Kaptur, Barbara Lee, Jim McDermott, Gregory W. Meeks, James P. Moran, Charles B. Rangel, Bobby L. Rush, Louise McIntosh Slaughter, Hilda L. Solis, Maxine Waters, and Lynn C. Woolsey.
I close with the best description of Pete from Right Stuff in June 2010. just another rabid liberal socialist who should have never been elected but now needs to be sent away. He will be up for reelection in Fort Lauderdale come November, with only another democrat challenging him. But if I lived in this district you can bet your sweet bippie I would vote for Eric Swalwell ~ JP