A bus tour event on behalf of Mitt Romney turned ugly Friday afternoon when a protester interrupted a rally and spit in a supporter’s face.
The event featured Wisconsin state Sen. Alberta Darling and Lt. Gov. Rebecca Kleefisch. During Darling’s remarks, the protester, Mary Hoglund, 83, of Appleton, interrupted the event to ask about Republican opposition to Planned Parenthood.
A local Romney supporter began arguing with Hoglund, who then spit in her face. Hoglund was escorted out, and received medical attention for a scratch she received on her neck.
The supporter declined to give her name as she left the event, but said she was unharmed.
Ben Sparks, a Wisconsin-based Romney spokesman, called the incident a “stunt” and said the woman refused to leave when asked.
…We shall call her Dirty Mary:
I went through several video reports & found this close-up … Make sure you go full screen
Kelsey Grammer enters ‘No Spin Zone’
Actor on why it’s hard to be a conservative in Hollywood…
“It may have to do with several things, honestly,” he said, “but I think it’s possible [that it's because] I’m a declared out-of-the-closet Republican in Hollywood.“
For just about as long as anyone can remember, liberalism has been the political ideology of choice in Hollywood. But that is slowly beginning to change.
Here are some Celebrity Conservs you know and some you may not… Keep in mind I have not posted ALL 96 of them:
* Bruce Willis supported President George H.W. Bush in his 1992 re-election campaign against Bill Clinton
* Actor Sylvester Stallone supported John McCain during his 2008 presidential bid
* Clint Eastwood endorsed Mitt Romney for president in August 2012
* Actor Jon Voight made headlines in 2009 when he called President Barack Obama “a false prophet” at a Republican fundraiser:
* Former Red Sox pitcher Curt Schilling appeared with John McCain during his 2008 presidential campaign
* Former “Saturday Night Live” cast member Victoria Jackson is an ardent critic of President Barack Obama and is a regular figure at Florida Tea Party events
Victoria gets to the heart of the ongoing Hollywood Blacklist of Conservatives. Rusty Humphries, nationally syndicated radio talk show host, joins us to break down what’s behind Hollywood’s left leaning thinking.
* (Shocking) “Saturday Night Live” creator and producer Lorne Michaels donated to John McCain’s 2008 presidential campaign
* NFL legend John Elway donated $20,000 to John McCain’s 2008 presidential bid
* Drew Carey
* Alex Trebek
* Initially a supporter of the Democratic Party, Frank Sinatra switched allegiances after a falling out with John F. Kennedy and later was a big booster of friend Ronald Reagan’s White House bids
* Racing legend Richard Petty appeared with John McCain at a Nascar event in September 2008
* Golfer Jack Nicklaus backed John McCain for president in 2008
* Supermodel Cindy Crawford supported President Obama in 2008 but has switched support to Republican Mitt Romney
A Tweet from @EricFehrn Boston-based media strategist and political consultant. Senior adviser to @mittromney
* Alice Cooper
* Trace Adkins backs Mitt Romney for president and will perform at the 2012 Republican National Convention
* “Charles in Charge” actor Scott Baio attended a fundraiser for Mitt Romney during his 2012 presidential bid
* Actress Patricia Heaton is a Republican
* Denver Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning
* Singer Kid Rock, pictured onstage with Mitt Romney, sings the GOP presidential hopeful’s campaign anthem, “Born Free,”
* Wrestler and actor Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson
* Aerosmith guitarist Joe Perry, pictured here on stage with Steven Tyler, supported John McCain in 2008
* Jets owner Woody Johnson has helped spearhead Mitt Romney’s fundraising efforts in New York, New Jersey and Connecticut,
* Tom Selleck donated $2,300 to John McCain’s 2008 presidential campaign
* Superstar film producer Jerry Bruckheimer donated to John McCain during his 2008 presidential bid
* Dan Jansen supported Mitt Romney for president in both 2008 and 2012
* Gary Busey
* Kiss bassist Gene Simmons endorsed Mitt Romney for president in an April 2012 appearance on “Fox and Friends.”
* Paramount Pictures Chairman and CEO Brad Grey
* Dallas Cowboys owners Jerry Jones
* NBA hall-of-famer Clyde Drexler
* Comedian Jeff Foxworthy, pictured here with Mitt Romney at a campaign stop at the Whistle Stop Cafe, in Mobile, Ala., endorsed the former Massachusetts governor in March
* Former Atlanta Braves pitcher and New York Mets nemesis John Rocker endorsed Mitt Romney earlier this year,
The newest closet for celebrities to come out of is definitely Conservatism. Just like in the McCarthy days, once you’ve been labeled a Conservative (or Lord forbid, a Christian) you are not only ridiculed but also somewhat blacklisted in Hollywood. We decided to focus on some of these amazing Hollywood Conservatives. We think some of the names on this list will surprise you.
Slowly, many celebrities are coming out of that closet and not only declaring their love for America, but also their Conservative-based values.
* Robert Duvall, life-long Republican introducing Sarah Palin in ’08
* Ted Johnson, deputy editor for Variety: “’Friends of Abe’ was formed with the idea that conservatives felt isolated in the entertainment business.
* Clint Howard (liberal Ron’s brother): “I’ve been in the movie business since 1961. I’ve made some dough, I’ve had a nice career, I really don’t care. I’m a conservative-minded guy.”
Film Journalist confesses that there was always something he didn’t like about Robert Downey Jr., and now he knows what he is: the actor is a Republican. This explains why he appears in movies Film Journalist doesn’t like, says film journalist:
In 2009 Downey conveyed his politically rightward drift to N.Y. Times reporter David Carr. “I have a really interesting political point of view, and it’s not always something I say too loud at dinner tables here, but you can’t go from a $2,000-a-night suite at La Mirage to a penitentiary and really understand it and come out a liberal. You can’t. I wouldn’t wish that experience on anyone else, but it was very, very, very educational for me and has informed my proclivities and politics ever since.”
I close with some that were shocking to me to discover:
* 50 Cent
* LL Cool J
* Adam Sandler is a registered Republican
* Don King has consistently campaigned for Republican candidates throughout the years
* Drew Carey is a registered Republican
* Gloria Estefan is a registered Republican
* Heather Locklear is registered as a Republican
* James Earl Jones is a Republican voter
and among Black Conservatives I was stunned to find out Eldridge Cleaver, co-founder of the Black Panther Party, proclaimed himself a conservative and ran, unsuccessfully, for various local offices as a Republican. He helped Ronald Reagan in his presidential campaign.
So friends, when it comes down to it, many celebs have come out of the ‘Conservative Closet’ and we know there are so many who won’t. Sad. But what IS important they vote for:
BTW Has anyone taken note that Romney Ryan are the initials of the truly greatest Conservative Celebrity?
PIP: A story within a story…
A bug that threatens the region’s $219 million citrus industry is rapidly spreading across San Diego and Riverside counties, despite efforts to eradicate it when found, according to sources who confirm six more cases have been reported in recent weeks.
Three of the cases are the first reported in Temecula.
In addition to the six cases, two other cases were reported earlier this summer in June and July in Fallbrook and Valley Center, in what is becoming quickly a growing problem for the local citrus industry. A dozen cases have been confirmed in Murrieta, with five in July alone.
“We’ve pretty much come to the conclusion that these populations (of bugs) will build up on us,” said Ted Batkin, president of the Visalia-based California Citrus Board.
“We can’t eradicate them like fruit flies. We are now beginning to see population areas move outside of the border area” with Mexico, Batkin said. “We are not surprised, but it is a frustration. It just means that there has to be a little more treatment than we anticipated.”
But the fruit of the poor lemon is impossible to eat.
Lemon tree very pretty and the lemon flower is sweet
But the fruit of the poor lemon is impossible to eat.
With the confirmation in LA of the disease, huanglongbing (HLB) or citrus greening, it is even more critical to take such proactive measures, he said.
HLB is a bacterial disease that attacks the vascular system of plants. It does not pose a threat to humans or animals. The bacteria causing the disease can be spread by infected Asian citrus psyllids as the pest feeds on citrus trees and other plants. Once a tree is infected, there is no cure; it typically declines and dies within a few years.
~ Do YOU want to take that chance the bacteria won’t harm humans?
“Buying trees from local suppliers is the best source if people want to plant citrus,” Batkin said.
He noted that the infected tree in the backyard of a home in the LA area was brought in from another country. “We see a lot of that.”
Betty Douglas, mother of Republican vice presidential candidate Paul Ryan, listens to her son speak at a campaign event at The Villages in Lady Lake, Florida August 18, 2012. REUTERS/Scott Audette
Rep Ryan speaks to seniors in Florida about Medicare reform:
“It is our duty to save the American dream for our children”
Related to Speech: Union Shadow Bosses: The Unknown Men Controlling The Democrats (FYI: Fed Workers LIFETIME government pensions of $100,000)
Today in Florida Paul Ryan stressed the fact of Government employee retirements and the exorbitant costs to US via Medicare etc. :
More than 21,000 retired federal workers receive lifetime government pensions of $100,000 or more per year, a USA TODAY/Gannett analysis finds. Of these, nearly 2,000 have federal pensions that pay $125,000 or more annually, and 151 take home $150,000 or more. Six federal retirees get more than $200,000 a year.
Some 1.2% of federal retirees collect six-figure pensions. By comparison, 0.1% of military retirees collect as much. The New York State and Local Retirement System pays 0.2% of its retirees pensions of $100,000 or more. The New Jersey retirement system pays 0.4% of retirees that much. Comparable private figures aren’t available.
C Span Book TV:
In his new book, Shadowbosses, by Mallory Factor examines the power and the corruption of government union bosses who manipulate our political system for their own advantage. He provides examples of how money now flows from government employee unions to politicians and back again to the same unions in a never-ending cycle of greed. As a result, he argues that the unions’ interests come first, the workers’ interests second, and the citizens’ interests always come in a distant last place. Furthermore, he posits that these “shadowbosses,” who have organized federal, state, and local government employees, are not only driving America down the path to financial ruin but also are a threat to workers’ freedoms and even our American way of life.
Thanks to Char, mention to Joe Miller
Wednesday at 10:15am:
The Revolution will come for me. Men will be at my door soon to pick me up to lead it. – Brandon J Raub
The Truth by Brandon J Raub
America has lost itself. We have lost who we truly are. This is the land of the free and the home of the brave. This is the land of Thomas Jefferson. This is the land of Benjamin Franklin. This is the land of Fredrick Douglas. This is the land of Smedley Butler. This is the land John F. Kennedy. This is the land of Martin Luther King. This is the land where the cowboy wins. This is the land where you can start from the bottom and get to the top. This is the land where regardless of you race and ethnicity you can suceed and build a better life for you and your family. This is the land where every race coexists peacefully. This is the land where justice wins. This is the land where liberty dwells. This is the land where freedom reigns. This is the land where we help the poor, and people help eachother. This is land where people beat racism.
About two days later, he was cooling his heals in a mental hospital.
This video was taken 8.16.12 around 7:30 pm. This is the video of a fellow patriot, Brandon J Raub, being “arrested” and taken away by Chesterfield County Virginia Police Department. They showed up inquiring his postings on facebook, and then they just took him.
There is evil going on all around the world. The United States was meant to lead the charge against injustice, but through our example not our force. People do not respond to having liberty and freedom forced on them. – Brandon J Raub
Warning: Video made me dizzy FYI…
We can govern ourselves. We do not need to be governed by men who want to install a one world banking system. These men have machine hearts. Machine and unnatural hearts. They have blocked out the possibility of a better world. They fear human progress. They have monopolies on everything. – Former Marine Raub Brandon
Former Marine Raub Brandon was taken by FBI and Secret Service last night (8/15/12) for his patriotic Facebook Posts. Now being held in mental hospital…DEVELOPING STORY!! SHARE EVERYWHERE!
YOU ARE NEXT!
These people have been hiding technology. There are ways to create power easily. There is technology that can provide free cheap power for everyone. There are farming techniques that can feed the entire world.
They are controlling your media. They have dumbed you down through your school systems. They have systematically dismantled the constitution. It is in rags.
The bill of rights is being systematically dismantled. Men have spilled their blood for those rights. – Brandon J Raub
Josh Tolley Show:
Your leaders betrayed you.
You elected an aristocracy. They are beholden to special interests. They were brainwashed through the Council on Foreign Relations. Your leaders are planning to merge the United States into a one world banking system. They want to put computer chips in you.
These men have evil hearts. They have tricked you into supporting corporate facism. We gave them the keys to our country. We were not vigilant with our republic.
There is hope. BUT WE MUST TAKE OUR REPUBLIC BACK. – The Truth by Brandon J Raub