Across the nation, 33 members of Congress have helped direct more than $300 million in earmarks to dozens of public projects for work in close proximity to commercial and residential real estate owned by the lawmakers or their family members.
Under the ethics rules Congress has written for itself, this is both legal and undisclosed.
Included in this report not only is one of my Senators, RINO Senator Shelby but my piece of nothing congress critter Aderholt! No surprise on either for me.
JUST like it is for another piece of nothing who needs to be fired in my adopted state Spencer Bachus.
When we look at ALL the crooks in Congress, I’m thinking Congress, The Senate and the President ALL need to be F I R E D! You see I hate all the leftist crooks but nothing gets my craw as much as the GOP thugs! If every American citizen would simply come to this realization, we can show all these fake legislator’s what bi=partisan is all about. You’re Fired!
Sure we all know about the piggie’s and their pork barrel, but the insult seems even more offensive because it is done in their own hood. FOR their own hood. Connections and family nepotism is flaunted in our face, as with Shelby’s wife. Have you wondered why so many have decided not to run for reelection or are retiring. I have, and it means every one of them are getting caught up in their scandals. Trying to ‘retire’ them so to speak.
I don’t know why they are worried. Nothing, zilch ever happens to them. The three executive branches have all gone to hell in a hand basket. Nearly 98% of the 535 members are useless and have made this country Fail!
Of the 33 revealed in this investigation they sure had bi=partisan cooperation in sharing pork.
We already know about crooks:
* Joe Barton – (R – Tex.) Earmark near personal property: $3 million
* Rep. Corrine Brown (D – Fla.) Spending with family connections: $16.9 million
* Rep. Danny K. Davis (D – Ill.) Earmark near personal property: $800,000
* Rep. Norm Dicks (D – Wash.) Spending with family connections: $16.8 million
* Sen. James M. Inhofe (R – Okla.) Earmark near personal property: $1.8 million
* THIS one pains me: Rep. Darrell Issa (R – Calif.) Earmark near personal property: $815,000
* Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee (D – Tex.) Spending with family connections: $5.3 million
* Rep. Daniel Lipinski (D – Ill.) Spending with family connections: $2.5 million
* Sen. Lisa Murkowski (R – Alaska) Earmark near personal property: $6.9 million
* Rep. Ed Pastor (D – Ariz.) Spending with family connections: $4 million
* Hey BIG Spender: Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D – Calif.) Earmark near personal property: $50 million
* Sen. Harry M. Reid (D – Nev.) Earmark near personal property: $21.5 million
* Rep. Bobby L. Rush (D – Ill.) Spending with family connections: $290,663
* Rep. Linda T. Sánchez (D – Calif.) Earmark near personal property: $475,000
The ONLY thing I cannot phantom is how are so many of them NOT mentioned in this investigation. The main thing in this report stressed is Shelby as if he he is the biggest loser (Earmark near personal property: $114,000) when what he earmarked was a pittance compared to many of them, but that did not stop WP from highlighting his antics the most. WP would do good to float the punks in a carousel so they all get their claim to shame!
(To read this report) …
The Post analyzed public records on the holdings of all 535 members and compared them with earmarks members had sought for pet projects, most of them since 2008. The process uncovered appropriations for work in close proximity to commercial and residential real estate owned by the lawmakers or their family members. The review also found 16 lawmakers who sent tax dollars to companies, colleges or community programs where their spouses, children or parents work as salaried employees or serve on boards.