— News you WANT to read…Digital media & images- All in one spot!
NOTE: When an image is present click on it for story…
– FOX Iranian Warships Reportedly to Pass Through Suez Canal…
Iran’s state-run Press TV reports Thursday that two Iranian warships were still en route to the Suez Canal, despite Israel expressing concern over their passage. Iranian officials told state TV that they informed Cairo to secure the passage of the warships.
— FSM The Cruel and Unusual Punishment of Sgt. Lawrence Hutchins…He’s in — on a sentence far longer than any of his now-free co-defendants — he’s out; he’s free, gets his life and family back together. Now, as of this week, Sgt. Hutchins is going back to military prison. Once again, we are long past the point where an American Marine’s supposed debt to (Iraqi terrorist) society has become cruel and unusual punishment.
— ICE Agents’ Attackers Likely to be Los Zetas Crime Gang by Jim Kouri…The attackers of two American federal agents while traveling in Mexico yesterday are believed to be members or associates of the Mexican crime gang Los Zetas, a confidential source tells the Law Enforcement Examiner.
Its a well known fact that hackers based out of China have been probing and attacking servers of the U.S. government and its contractors. Often these attacks have been mildly successful in stealing quantities of information. Now U.S. neighbor Canada appears to have become the latest victim of Chinese cyber-aggression.
– Heritage The Dirty Little Secret About De-Funding Obamacare…
Several members of Congress, like Rep. Denny Rehberg (R, MT) and Rep. Cathy McMorris Rodgers (R.-Wash.) are offering amendments that would prevent any new spending from being used to implement Obamacare. Good for them. Those are important additions to the big spending bill pending in Congress. But here’s the dirty little secret: Much of Obamacare is being implemented with money that was already appropriated last year. These billions are already available for bureaucrats to put Obamacare into force.
– FOX Virginia Lawmaker ‘Likely’ to Sue DHS Over Illegal Immigrant Data After Killing…A suburban Virginia lawmaker is threatening to sue the Department of Homeland Security for information about what has happened to illegal immigrants in federal custody, after an illegal immigrant in his community was charged in a triple homicide last week.
— Republicans Seek to Block FCC Internet Rules…Republicans in the House of Representatives moved to block the Federal Communications Commission from enforcing new rules that prohibit broadband providers from interfering with Internet traffic on their networks.
– Reuters Pakistani stocks end down; volume at 4-month low Pakistani stocks ended down on Thursday and volume was at a four month low over concerns of escalating tensions between Pakistan and the United States, dealers said.
– [Chicago Breaking News] Feds: Chicago police, fire tests doctored – Company that conducted physical tests is alleged to have faked physicians’ signatures…A company responsible for helping ensure Chicago police and fire candidates were up to the physical demands of the jobs has been charged with fraud for allegedly doctoring paperwork, authorities said today.
– Social Security agency warns of workers’ furloughs (AP) – Upping the ante in the budget faceoff, the Obama administration warned Friday that workers who distribute Social Security benefits might be furloughed if congressional Republicans force cuts in federal spending.
– AFP US reporter beaten covering Bahrain unrest…WASHINGTON — A US reporter for ABC News was beaten by thugs armed with clubs early Thursday while covering the unrest in Bahrain, the US network reported. Correspondent Miguel Marquez was caught in the crowd and attacked while covering protests in Manama, ABC said.
—> Bahrain forces fire on protesters; 50 injured
– Violence marks ‘Friday of Rage’ across Yemen – SANAA, Yemen – Anti-government demonstrators clashed with supporters of Yemen’s longtime ruler and riot police, who fired tear gas and gunshots to disperse the crowd on what organizers called a nationwide “Friday of Rage.” Two people were killed by police in the port of Aden and 48 were wounded in the southern city of Taiz when someone threw what appeared to be a hand grenade into a crowd, witnesses said. It was the ninth straight day of protests in Yemen inspired by uprisings in Egypt and Tunisia.
February 03, 2011
– Heritage Protestors in Libya Demand Change …The pro-democracy demonstrations that continue to rattle the Arab world have landed in Libya.
White House Response to Anti-Government Protests in Iran – The uprising in Egypt has fueled anti-government protests in Iran, creating another delicate situation to which the White House must respond. Monica Crowley spoke to Megyn Kelly about the need to deliver more than just a “tepid” response.
June 29, 2006…Gang Bangers in the US Military Forces – Gang Members in the US Military taking there skills back to the streets of America